- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Wildlife Safari
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
- Lunch on Day 1
- Dinner on Day 1
- Water Bottle
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Bandipur National Park is located in the Gundlupet taluq of Chamarajanagar district in Karnataka. The park is nestled in the midst of the magnificent Western Ghats and covers a sprawling area of about 874.2 sq km. The park was created as a private forest reserve by the Maharaja of Mysore Kingdom for his dynasty in 1931. The Maharaja christened the reserve as Venugopala Wildlife Park. In 1973, under the Project Tiger plan, 800 km2 more was added to the park to create a single tiger reserve known as the Bandipur Tiger Reserve. In 1974 the reserve was upgraded as a national park.
Today, the park along with Kerala's Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Tamil Nadu's Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary and Nagarhole National Park in the north, forms a single huge biosphere reserve, known as the 'Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve'. This reserve is believed to be the country's largest reserve.
The reserve is quite prominent for its Tiger and Asian elephant population. Other animals sighted are gaurs, porcupines, sloth bears, Indian rock pythons, black knapped hare, four horned antelope, chital, sambhar, panther, etc.Birds such as red-headed vulture, honey buzzard, Indian roller, changeable hawk eagle, crested serpent eagle, etc can be frequently sighted here. Peafowls are quite prominent birds of the region.
It has a variety of floras such as Black Myrobalan, Flame of the Forest, Indigoberry, Golden Shower Tree, Teak, Giant clumping bamboo, Sandalwood, etc
Things to carry
- Torch per person with extra batteries
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes or comfortable shoes with good grip
- Water bottles
- Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, energy drink, Snacks etc.
- Personal medication
- Toiletries (Tissue paper, Toilet paper, etc.)
- Sweater/ Warm jackets for the night
- Rain coat/Poncho in moonsoons
- Moov spray, dettol solution or salt to avoid leeches.
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Extra pair of clothes
- Camera (optional)
- 06:00 AM Pick up starts from Marathahalli
- 06:30 AM Leave from Bangalore
- 08:30 AM Reach Ramangara and have breakfast
- 02:00 PM Reach Bandipur resort and Have lunch(Buffet lunch, later go for the facilities available at the resort like Swimming pool and Outdoor activities)
- 05:00 PM Go for Wildlife Safari(1.5 hours Govt Safari)
- 07:00 PM Back to resort and have Tea/Snacks
- 08:30 PM Have Dinner and accommodation in (rooms)
- 05:00 AM Proceed for 2kms trek
- 07:30 AM Back to resort & freshen up
- 08:30 AM Have Breakfast
- 09:30 PM Head back to Bangalore
- 1. Marathahalli (06:00 AM) - Near Kalamandir
- 2. Silk Board (06:30 AM) - Bus Stop, Opposite To Pizza Hut
- 3. BTM (06:45 AM) Udupi - Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
- 4. Banashankari (07:00 AM) - Bus Stop
- 5. RR Nagar (07:30 AM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road
Bandipur National Park is one of the most famous places not only for people in Bangalore but among everyone in India as well. This package offers a two day outing which includes a lot of things apart from the general trek. It is the perfect place if you want to be in midst of nature for a good amount of time, without being bothered by any external hassles. I enjoyed the complete two days along with my family. Trekking with my family was a great experience, I did it for the first time. This package also included wildlife safari which has to be the best part about this tour. We saw a bunch of animals on the safari and clicked a lot of pictures. At just Rs. 4600, this is a great deal. Everything from the accommodation to the food and service was excellent. All the credit goes to Escape2Explore for organizing such a wonderful experience. Would definitely love to take this tour once again. more...