Savandurga Sunrise Trek
- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
We can reduce the price by not adding any of the below.
We can customize outing to any date, if there are minimum 6 members in a group.
₹1100 / Person
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Sunrise Trek
Savandurga hill situated around 60km from Bangalore is Asia's largest monolith (approx. 4220ft above sea level). Savandurga is composed of two hills namely 'Karigudda' or the 'black hill' and 'Biligudda' or the 'white hill'. The former trail is less preferred, since it requires a permit as it is more extreme and uncovered. The ruins of a fort, that once served as a prison can be seen at the crest of the hill. It was also called as Savinadurga or the fort of death due to its steep natural formation. The Savandurga night trek brings about some steep slopes and boulders that acts as a hindrance on your way, but the 5km trek (approx.) is considerably moderate and will give you the satisfaction of a trek.
The Savandurga night trek is a moderate one. Advance up by trekking through the hill to reaching the crest, one can enjoy the scenic beauty of the forest around, although the hill is almost barren, the landscape makes up for it by letting you capture some panoramic views. Unwind by the campfire, brood over or spill your tales to your friends. An end to, may be a perfect getaway is marked at dawn and you can descend and make a beeline for Bangalore after breakfast at Ramanagara.
Things to carry
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T
- 09:30 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 12:15 AM Short halt at our Ramanagara campsite for washrooms
- 01:00 AM Reach Savandurga base
- 01:10 AM Start the trek
- 03:30 AM Relax and enjoy the campfire
- 06:15 AM Descend at dawn
- 08:30 AM Head to Ramanagara campsite for breakfast
- 10:30 AM Head back to Bangalore
- 12:00 PM Reach Bangalore
- Marathahalli (10:30 PM) - Kala mandir
- Silk Board (11:00 PM) - Central silkbord building (towards BTM)
- BTM (11:10 PM) - A2B, Udupi Garden Bus stop
- Banashankari (11:30 PM) - Bus stop
- RR Nagar (11:50 PM) - Gopalan Arcade
I have always wanted to visit Savandurga as I had heard a lot about it. This was the first time I went there and totally loved it. Even the overall environment and the location it is situated in is quite praiseworthy. Since this was a night trek, we had a lot more fun as this place is suitable for night time. Standing on top of the mountain, the sunrise looks fantastic when you watch it the next morning after the trek. All the essentials required to be brought on to the trek was already written on their website which made it very easy for us to plan for the trip. We also had a guide to help us in the journey in case we lost track. We were offered breakfast that was well made and was sufficient for us in the morning. Pricing of the whole package was quite low which made me immediately choose it without giving it another thought. more...