- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
- Lunch on Day 1
- Meenmutty waterfalls visit
Located 8 km south of Kalpetta, near to the town Meppady, lies the highest peak in Wayanad, the Chembra peak. At an astounding elevation of 2100 m, Chembra peak adjoins Nilgiri Hills in Tamil Nadu and Vallarimala in Kozhikode. The lush green meadows surrounding Chembra hill is a pleasant refuge to the ones who want to escape the hustle and bustle of routine life.
It takes nearly 3 hours to trek up to the peak which is considered to be quite an adventurous climb. Surpassing dense forests and grasslands, this adrenaline inducing trek would take you on a ride amidst the nature. The trail is surprisingly straight but considerably steep from the foot of the hill, but gets easier at the later stages. The climb till Chembra is preceded by 7 hills that a trekker needs to cross. All the sweat and hard work will eventually pay off as soon as you reach Hridhayathadakam or Hridaya Saras, the heart shaped lake. As legend has it, this lake is believed to have never dried up. You will definitely be enthralled by the bounty of nature this place offers. The lake has been a tourists paradise and an absolute favourite since quite some time now.
Chembra peak stays pleasant and is worth visiting all around the year. The trek starts early in the mid morning and crossing the rugged, yet beautiful terrains, reach the top by late morning. Once you reach the top, the incredible views of the neighbouring hillocks are bound to take your heart away. Spend some time at the peak and enjoy the panoramic view of the entire Wayanad from the top. Thats quite a view, we assure.
Come, be a part of God s own country and rejoice your soul with the gift of nature.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Best Season: All round the year
Trek Length: 9Km
Things to carry
- Rain coat/Poncho
- 2litre water bottle per person
- Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, energy drink, Snacks etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Extra pair of clothes
- Toiletries (Tissue paper, Toilet paper, etc.)
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Torch per person with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
- Moov spray, dettol solution or salt to avoid leeches
- 09:30 PM Start from Marathahalli, Bangalore
- 11:00 PM Reach RR Nagar, start 300km oneside journey, 7hrs approx
- 06:00 AM Reach Waynad Homesaty, freshen up
- 08:30 AM Have breakfast & colect packed lunch. Travel to base, 25kms in a vehicle
- 10:00 AM Start trek 10km (up & down). Have lunch in between
- 03:30 PM Finish trek & start back to homestay
- 05:00 PM Reach homestay. Have tea snacks & relax
- 08:30 PM Have dinner & rest for the day
- 06:30 AM Wake up & have bed cofee, freshen up
- 09:00 AM Have breakfast. Start to Meenmutty waterfalls , finish experience & depart to bangalore
- 01:00 PM Have self sponsored lunch (lunch not included in the package)
- 10:00 PM Reach Bangalore
- 1. Marathahalli (09:30 PM) - Near Kalamandir
- 2. Silk Board (10:00 PM) - Bus Stop, Opposite To Pizza Hut
- 3. BTM (10:10 PM) Udupi - Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
- 4. Banashankari (10:40 PM) - Bus Stop
- 5. RR Nagar (11:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
.It's been a complete package-extreme fun, adventure and enriching experience. Hats off to Escape2explore team for organising such an event, especially Nadeem-you have been a great sport,guide and encourager:) Looking forward. Cheers…