Campfire ( Depends on weather)
2 breakfasts & 1 lunch & 1 dinner
Kotagiri (Mountains of the Kotas) hill station is one of the most serene places situated at the height of 5,890 feet and 380 kms far from Bangalore. Located in Nilgiris district, this popular travelling destination is a traditional home for the Kota tribe. It is surrounded by tea estates and many long green landscapes. One can fade their worries and become philosophical in the breezy atmosphere and fluctuating temperature.
You will start your trek with the background of birds chirping in the tea gardens and slowly move towards the valley on the river. While passing through the pine forests, you will hear the strange but pleasant sound of wind passing by your ears, it will converge your thoughts into a single unit giving the sense of tranquillity. Some of the stunning visuals will be coffee plantation, enormous rock formation and a long valley. Come back to your base camp in the evening and set the camp fire (depending on the weather) for casual conversational time with a nice dinner.
In the morning, our expert team will guide you to Catherine Falls where you can experience the sensational view of cascading waterfalls. You can hamper your ego by taking steps towards the falls with an intention to get drenched and have fun with friends.
Things to carry
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy food
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Extra clothing (in case you plan to dive in the lake)
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T
10:30PM Pick up Start from Marathahalli
01:30AM Reach Ramanagara tea break
10:30AM Reach campsite & freshen up & have breakfast
11:30AM Pack your lunch, start the trek to Kotagiri & have your lunch in between the trek
04:00pm back to campsite to visit waterfall (Catherine Falls in Nilgiris)
8:30pm campfire & dinner & accommodation the tent
6:00am wake up & freshen up & Have breakfast
And head back to Bangalore on the way have lunch ( Self sponsored)
9:00pm Reach back to Bangalore
- Marathahalli (10:30 PM) - Kala mandir
- Silk Board (11:00 PM) - Krishna Bhavan Restraunt
- BTM (11:15 PM) - A2B, Udupi Garden Bus stop
- Banashankari (10:35 PM) - Bus stop
- RR Nagar (12:00 AM) - Gopalan Arcade
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
I went solo on a trek to Kotagiri, Ooty. The organisation was phenomenal and they paid attention to the tiniest details. Apart from the main trek, our guide saqib kept us engaged throughout in other activities and experiences so we could make the most of our time. Highly recommend for two day/weekend trip more...