Skandagiri Sunrise Trek
- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
We can reduce the price by not adding any of the below.
We can customize outing to any date, if there are minimum 6 members in a group.
₹1350₹1100 / Person
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Sunrise Trek
- Guided trek
- Forest Charges
- Water Bottle
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Skandagiri,also historically known as Kalwarbetta or Kalavara Durga is a mountain fortress located around 70 km from Bangalore. This tiring yet much rewarding trek takes you through a spectacular journey amidst the wilderness. Starting by 10 pm from Bangalore, reach the base point by midnight and hereby begins the night trek. The serene and sublime atmosphere around Skandagiri will definitely boost up your adrenaline. This 8km trek can easily be completed within 4 to 5 hours of ascending and descending.
Tried and tested both by amateurs and professionals, this trek is a must for thrill seekers. The climb gets tedious as you reach the Papagni Temple, hereby offering treacherous terrains amongst the dense shrubs around. Thereafter the steep slopes may require tricky footwork till the summit. The ruined remains of Tipu Sultans fort and an abandoned fort remains at the top of the hill.
Skandagiri is famous for walking above the clouds,literally! As you reach the top, enjoy the bonfire in the starry night couched inside your sleeping bags. Wake up to experience the morning winds caressing you, as you open your eyes to get the most magnanimous sight of the sun rising above a bed of clouds, a sight so rare. The misty valley of Skandagiri is bound to leave an everlasting impression in your mind.
Trek Difficulty: Moderate
Best season: Nov to Feb
Distance from Bangalore: 70 Km
Trek Distance: 8 Km
Things to carry
- Torch per person with extra batteries.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- 2 litre water bottle per person
- Energy bars, dry fruits, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D etc.
- Warm jackets for the night
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
- 11:00 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 03:00 AM Reach Base (05kms trek one side)
- 06:00 AM Reach peak and relax.
- 06:15 AM Enjoy sunrise
- 07:30 AM Descend to the base
- 10:30 AM Have BreakFast on the way.
- 12:00 PM Head back to Bangalore
- 1. RR Nagar (11:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
- 2. Banashankari (11:30 PM) - Bus Stop
- 3. BTM (11:40 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- 4. Silk Board (12:00 AM) - Prashant hotel (towards marathali road)
- 5. Marathahalli (12:30 AM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
- 6. Hebball (12:50 AM)- Opposite to Esteem Mall
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
It was an awesome experience but wasn't easy as expected. It'd be a challenge for the first timers for sure but the key is one has to keep going. We missed the sunrise due to clouds but the journey was beautiful. Breakfast was good while coming back to Bangalore. Get a good torch for the trek and a normal winter jacket which will be required on the peak. Would surely recommend for the trek lovers! more...