Kaurava Kunda Sunrise Trek
- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
₹1100 / Person | Inclusive of all taxes
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Sunrise Trek
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Kaurava Kunda is a doublet hill, located near Chikaballapur village, about 75 kms from Bangalore. As fascinating the name is, the 2 joined peaks derive their names from the Pandavas and Kauravas. Its grassy hilltop rises 250 meters high and a flight of several sandy steps lead to the top. Partly midway, resides Lord Shiva in a holy shrine amongst the lustrous greenery.
Mostly preferred for night treks, this venture is considered to be moderately difficult. However, as you proceed towards the summit, thousands of lights scattered across the terrain will make the arduous climb spectacularly worthwhile. Away from the hustle bustle of the city, the bonfire accompanied by the star gazing with endless conversations with your friends will grant you the peace and composure that you have been seeking for.
As the sun rises, the magnanimous view of the Chikaballapur village and neighboring hillocks are bound to take your breath away. Taking in the full spectrum of natures sights, you can explore the area and descend back to the base.
Ensure wearing shoes with good grip and dress comfortably during the journey. Also, a little something like an energy snack to munch on.
Things to carry
- Torch per person.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton Tshirt
- Camera (optional)
- 10:30PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 01:00AM Reach Base (03kms trek one side)
- 03:30AM Reach peak and enjoy camp fire. Relax with Sleeping bag
- 06:15AM Enjoy sunrise
- 06:30AM Descend to the base
- 09:30AM Have Break Fast on the way.
- 11:00AM Head back to Bangalore
- 1. RR Nagar (10:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
- 2. Banashankari (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop
- 3. BTM (11:00 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- 4. Silk Board (11:10 PM) - Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant
- 5. Marathahalli (11:40 PM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
- 6. Tin Factory (12:00 AM) - Bus Stop
- All our arrangements are very basic; we do not/cannot provide luxury on such an event.
- In case of unforeseen, Weather conditions or government restrictions, permission changes, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity or Postpone option. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- You agree to indemnify yourself for the risks involved in the outings varying from destinations to destinations.
- In case of damage or loss of any of the equipment or Items of Escape2explore, the responsible member has to bear the cost.
- We have designated pick up and drop points, make your own arrangements of transports to the desired pick-up point accordingly.
- We are dependent on third party transport agency; we don't have direct control over the vehicle, vehicle drivers. Issues pertaining to pick up and drop times or quality of bus are quite rare. If you are too specific please check before registering.
- Escape2explore is not responsible if any injuries or accidents occur during the event.
- Any client consuming Alcohol, Misbehaving, causing delay during the event will be terminated from the event without any prior warning and no refund will be given. Such clients should arrange their own transport to way back, Escape2explore does not hold the responsibility of terminated clients.
- Littering, smoking & consumption of alcohol is banned for Trekking packages.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
Kaurava Kunda is twin hill, which is named after the Pandavas and the Kauravas. Both the slopes are effortlessly agreeable from Hariharapura, which is a little village in the town of Chikkaballapura and it is referred to (as much as it could ever be known) for these twin crests. The hill is around 75 kms from Bangalore and around 5 kms from Chikkaballapura. The hill of this rich slope rises 250 meters high and a flight of sandy steps lead to the top. Mostly halfway lies the hallowed place of Lord Shiva, who rules over the glossy mountain, scaled incidentally by brave mountain climbers. more...