Kaurava Kunda Sunrise Trek
- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
We can reduce the price by not adding any of the below.
We can customize outing to any date, if there are minimum 6 members in a group.
₹1100 / Person
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Sunrise Trek
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Anything not mentioned in â€œInclusionsâ€Â
Kaurava Kunda is a doublet hill, located near Chikaballapur village, about 75 kms from Bangalore. As fascinating the name is, the 2 joined peaks derive their names from the Pandavas and Kauravas. Its grassy hilltop rises 250 meters high and a flight of several sandy steps lead to the top. Partly midway, resides Lord Shiva in a holy shrine amongst the lustrous greenery.
Mostly preferred for night treks, this venture is considered to be moderately difficult. However, as you proceed towards the summit, thousands of lights scattered across the terrain will make the arduous climb spectacularly worthwhile. Away from the hustle bustle of the city, the bonfire accompanied by the star gazing with endless conversations with your friends will grant you the peace and composure that you have been seeking for.
As the sun rises, the magnanimous view of the Chikaballapur village and neighboring hillocks are bound to take your breath away. Taking in the full spectrum of natureâ€™s sights, you can explore the area and descend back to the base.
Ensure wearing shoes with good grip and dress comfortably during the journey. Also, a little something like an energy snack to munch on.
Things to carry
- Torch per person.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton Tshirt
- Camera (optional)
- 10:30PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 01:00AM Reach Base (03kms trek one side)
- 03:30AM Reach peak and enjoy camp fire. Relax with Sleeping bag
- 06:15AM Enjoy sunrise
- 06:30AM Descend to the base
- 09:30AM Have Break Fast on the way.
- 11:00AM Head back to Bangalore
- 1. RR Nagar (10:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
- 2. Banashankari (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop
- 3. BTM (11:00 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- 4. Silk Board (11:10 PM) - Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant
- 5. Marathahalli (11:40 PM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
- 6. Tin Factory (12:00 AM) - Bus Stop
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
Night treks have always fascinated me and filled me up with excitement and enthusiasm. Recently I visited Kaurava Kunda for a night trek organized by Escape2Explore and was completely mesmerized by it. They had arranged everything in a professional manner. Moreover, even the cost of the trek wasnâ€™t high which made me immediately hop onto this tour. It feels really great once you reach the top and make a campfire. If you have got friends along, this will be really enjoyable. The place was quite serene and the view from up above was to die for. All in all, this was such a fun time I had that I am sure I will come back again. I have also decided to go for more treks after this one and I will most probably choose Escape2Explore for this. If you are looking to have an awesome time, this is one of the best package you can buy. more...