- Accommodation(Tent stay)
This weekend encounter the rush of experience in Ramanagara, the birthplace of rock climbing. Located around 50km from Bangalore on the Bangalore Mysore road, is one of the most sought after place for a snappy getaway. Lately, the less traversed routes and mesmerizing hills of Ramanagara is driving a great deal of attention from the adventure junkies around. Huge mountains, granites and boulders provide the perfect spot for activities like rock climbing, rappelling and trekking. This is not the only thing that makes this hill popular, Sholay the blockbuster Hindi movie was shot around Ramgiri, one of Ramanagara's hills and thus, earned its name Sholay hills.
The rocky terrain of Ramanagara on one side is surrounded by the reserve forest ranging to Magadi for the conservation of Asian Vultures. Apart from vultures, different birds and rare sightings of Indian bear and Leopards are noticed.
Night treks through the hills of Ramnagara unveils the mesmerizing beauty of the nature, as the brain's attention narrows down to specifics than the entire landscape. Watch the constellation above as you tread through the darkness into the peak, where time halts. Watch the bonfire soften the dampness of the cold night. Experience the thrill of Night Rappelling, which is sure to tick the adventurous bone.
Things to carry
- Torch per person
- 2 liter water bottle per person
- Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, etc.
- Personal medication
- Warm jackets for the night
- Comfortable shoes with good grip
- Camera (optional)
- 08:30 PM Pickup start
- 10:15 PM Reach Ramanagara campsite
- 10:30 PM Start Campfire, Dinner and Tented stay
- Day 02
- 07:30 AM Have breakfast
- 08:30 AM Start Kayaking
- 11:00 AM Reach back to Bangalore
- 1. Marathahalli (08:30 PM) : Near Kalamandir
- 2. Silk Board (09:00 PM) : Bus Stop, Opposite To Pizza Hut
- 3. BTM (09:10 PM) Udupi : Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
- 4. Banashankari (09:30 :M) : Bus Stop
- 5. RR Nagar (09:45 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
This is the first time I ever attended a tour which included night camping and a day trek. After coming back from it, I must admit that it is extremely enjoyable. As soon as we reached the place, we lighted a campfire and had dinner with all the fellow trek members. After that, our tents were erected in which we slept throughout the night. With the next morningâ€™s sunrise, we all had our breakfast which was provided to us by Escape2Explore. It was quite good according to me. After that, we all went for kayaking which was another fun experience altogether. Night camping and kayaking are a great combination which I discovered through this package. The transportation facility provided for our pickup as well as drop were good and on time. Everything was carried out as per the schedule without any delays which allowed us to be on time. If you havenâ€™t tried out night camping, this is a great opportunity to do so. more...