Makalidurga Sunrise Trek
- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
We can reduce the price by not adding any of the below.
We can customize outing to any date, if there are minimum 6 members in a group.
₹1150 / Person
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Sunrise Trek
- Water Bottle
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Makalidurga fort stands at a height of 1,117 meters on a granite hillock, just 60 kms away from Bangalore. The peak appears like a valley surrounded by the chains of hills close to Ghat Subramanya.
This enthralling trekking experience will begin from Makalidurga base camp. The trekkers will be served by rugged and steep route to go up top. The ear soothing sound of the darkness with your leg on bushes makes this travel an exciting one. You will be learning many signals to keep yourself away from any danger. Once you are at the top, the scenery of the night amidst the sound of fireflies and wild insects will always be your mind. The campfire will be set and around it, you can either choose to sleep or stay awake contemplating and waiting for the sunrise.
During the dawn period, you will wake up to the exquisite view of a scintillating sunrise which rejuvenates your inner self. The panoramic view of green landscape would be too charming while you descend to Doddaballapur. After the breakfast, you can leave for Bangalore.
Things to carry
- Torch per person with extra batteries.
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- 2 litre water bottle per person
- Energy bars, dry fruits, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D etc.
- Warm jackets for the night
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
- 10:30PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 02:30 AM Reach Makkalidurga base and start the trek
- 04:00 AM Reach peak, explore and take relax
- 06:30 AM Watch Sunrise and descend
- 07:00 AM Reach base and leave for a local restaurant in Doddaballapur to have breakfast
- 09:30 AM Start back to Bangalore
- 12:00 PM Reach Bangalore
- 1. RR Nagar (10:00 PM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
- 2. Banashankari (10:30 PM) - Bus Stop
- 3. BTM (11:00 PM) - Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- 4. Silk Board (11:10 PM) - Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant
- 5. Marathahalli (11:40 PM) - Opposite to Kalamandir
- 6. Tin Factory (12:00 AM) - Bus Stop
- Drop points are same as chosen pickup points
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure - Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
If there is one thing I love most about treks, it is going there during the night time. Makalidurga is a lovely place and an apt destination for going on a night trek. Previously I had gone to treks with various other services but didnâ€™t find them good. However, this was the first time with Escape2Explore and it was enough to convince me how good they were. They are many times better than anyone else out there. The team comprises of professionals who know exactly what to do. The whole organizing part was done perfectly without any delay even with so many people around which is a huge accomplishment. Loved the campfire that took place, it helped us bond with each other better. The breakfast was totally hygienic and sufficient for each one of us, none of us had any complaints. For those wanting to go on an amazing night trek, this is the best one. more...