- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Trek (Small/Easy)
- Cave Exploration
Anthargange Sunrise Trek
- Anthargange trek is renowned for exploring the mysterious cave volcanic rock formation. It's the blend of trekking and cave exploring that drives the energy high. Anthargange hill is totally encompassed by huge rocks. Situated around 65km from Bangalore close to Kolar, this hill is at a height of 1712m above sea level.
- Anthargange trip is an adventurer paradise due to its rocky hills as it brings immense pleasure while performing activities like rappelling alongside exploring the Anthargange caves. The rocky mountain is covered by dense forest, a slim chance of spotting some wildlife.
- Anthargange trek is considered a moderate one, so it is the best choice for the newbies trying their hands on trekking through cave exploration. The trek starts by advancing upon the carved steps on the rocks to the entrance of the cave, where the actual fun begins. The formations of the cave instil the feeling of exhilaration which is hard to let go of. Squeezing in the narrow pathways make your way to the other end, chill and unveil the photographer in you by capturing some memorable moments with your friends or the landscape ahead. Explore some of the ancient temples and their architecture at the foothills of Anthargange.
Things to carry
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Flashlight/Torch with extra batteries
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
- 06:30 AM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 08:30 AM Have Breakfast
- 09:30 AM Reach Anthargange base
- 09:45 AM Start the small trek followed by rappelling and cave exploration
- 03:00 PM Head to the nearby restaurant for lunch
- 04:00 PM Head back to Bangalore
- 05:30 PM Reach Bangalore
- 1. RR Nagar (06:00 AM) : Gopalan Arcade, Mysore road
- 2. Banashankari (06:30 AM) : Bus Stop
- 3. BTM (7:00 AM) : Udupi Garden Bus Stop, Near A2B
- 4. Silk Board (7:10 AM) : Near Krishna Bhavan Restaurant
- 5. Marathahalli (7:30 AM) : Opposite to Kalamandir/li>
- 6. Tin Factory (8:15 AM) : Bus Stop
I am an amateur at trekking so had to choose an easy place to go. Escape2Explore is a great place to explore for various trekking destinations. I also get to know the difficulty of the treks just by looking at their pages. So, before I even plan for the trek, I can keep the difficulty in mind. According to me, something which I enjoyed more than the trek is cave exploration. Anthargange has some amazing caves waiting to be explored. This trek will provide you with a lot of enthralling moments. The view from up above the top is simply mesmerizing. I think I will go here again just for the pleasant view from the top. The people at Escape2Explore were really helpful throughout and provided us with everything that we needed. I made a lot of new friends on the trip too and I will hopefully join them the next time we go for an outing. It was an amazing experience going to Anthargange. more...