Savandurga Trek With Outdoor Activites
- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
We can reduce the price by not adding any of the below.
We can customize outing to any date, if there are minimum 6 members in a group.
₹1400₹1300 / Person
- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Rappelling OR Kayaking
Nearly 5km day trek to Savandurga might be a great choice, if you are feeling a bit adventurous this weekend. Savandurga located nearly 60km from Bangalore is Asia's largest monolith (around 1226m above sea level). The hill is composed of two granite boulders namely 'Karigudda' or the 'black hill' and 'Biligudda' or the 'white hill and acts as the trekking route to Savandurga hill. 'Biligudda' trail is considered more preferable since 'Karigudda' offers some steep slopes and dangerous pathway which requires a permit. The ruins of a fort, that once served as a prison can be seen at the crest of the hill. It was also called as Savinadurga or the fort of death due to its steep natural formation.
The mountain is surrounded by the Manchinbele Dam on one side which acts as source of drinking water to the Magadi town and on the other side it has the T.G. Halli Reservoir. This place is a trekker's paradise and one amongst few natural rock climbing sites of south India. The stunning view of the Manchinbele dam and the local Magadi town, hometown of Bangalores ruler, Kempegowda is a treat for the eye.
As you head back to Ramanagara, you can catch up with some outdoor activities such as rappelling or kayaking after lunch.
Things to carry
- Rain coat/Poncho
- Water bottles
- Energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ jackets for the night
- Toiletries (napkin, tissues, etc.)
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Extra pair of clothes (if you choose kayaking from the package)
- Camera (optional)
- 06:30 AM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 08:30 AM Reach Ramanagara campsite and have Breakfast
- 10:30 AM Reach Savandurga base and start the trek
- 02:00 PM Head to Ramanagara for lunch
- 03:00 PM Enjoy outdoor activity: Rappelling OR Kayaking
- 05:00 PM Head back to Bangalore
- 06:30 PM Reach Bangalore
- 1. Marathahalli (06:30 AM) - Near Kalamandir
- 2. Silk Board (07:00 AM) - Bus Stop, Opposite To Pizza Hut
- 3. BTM (07:10 AM) Udupi - Garden Bus Stop, Opposite To A2B
- 4. Banashankari (07: 30 AM) - Bus Stop
- 5. RR Nagar (08: 15 AM) - Gopalan Arcade, Mysore Road
Terms & Conditions
I was very eager to go on a day trek where I got to do trekking as well as other kind of outdoor activities. This is when one of my friends recommended me to check out Escape2Explore. I was very impressed with the various packages that it had. Moreover, all the information is properly displayed so that there is no confusion regarding the details of the packages. I chose this as earlier mentioned, I wanted trekking along with outdoor activities. Savandurga is a lovely place and this is the third time I am visiting here. The breakfast and lunch provided to us was hygienic and well made. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as we did a lot of activities that included rappelling, paintballing, swimming and kayaking. We were a bunch of friends who went here together but during my time there, we also made a lot of new friends. This is a great outing and I recommend it to all those who like having fun doing crazy activities. more...