- Transportation (from/to Bangalore)
- Sunrise trek
- Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Around 70 km from Bangalore off of the Kanakapura road, lies the Rangaswamy betta or Bilikal bettakpura road is the Bilikal betta. Belonging to the forest reserve, the Hill is covered in shrub forest. Every year locals from the surrounding area climb this hill to celebrate a festival at the Ranganathaswamy temple at the top. The way they have been following throughout the years has turned into a standard trekking trail.
The trail takes you through the forest. The first half kilometer is comparatively even and easy. But as you move ahead, the forest grows denser throwing some steep slopes which makes the hike an enthralling one. This steep climbs and descends will definitely test your workout days, extensively. The even lands in between the trail let you rest and grasp the beautiful scenery in front of you. On summiting you find yourself in the vast flat field with the temple in the side. Different slopes in the Kanakapura range, including Kabbaladurga, Savandurga can all be seen from here. The night trek implies getting the dawn on the east, making it one major quiet minute. Still confused about where to go this weekend? Pick this!!!
Things to carry
- Torch per person with extra batteries
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes or comfortable shoes with good grip
- Water bottles
- Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, etc.
- Personal medication
- Sweater/ Warm jackets for the night
- Rain coat/Poncho in moonsoons
- Track pants and cotton T-shirt
- Camera (optional)
- 10:30 PM Pick up starts from Bangalore
- 02:30 AM Reach Base (05kms trek one side)
- 04:30 AM Reach peak and enjoy camp fire. Relax with Sleeping bag
- 06:15 AM Enjoy sunrise
- 06:30 AM Descend to the base
- 09:30 AM Have breakfast on the way.
- 10:30 AM Head back to Bangalore
- Marathahalli (10:30 PM) - Kala mandir
- Silk Board (11:00 PM) - Krishna Bhavan Restraunt
- BTM (11:10 PM) - A2B, Udupi Garden Bus stop
- Banashankari (11:30 PM) - Bus stop
From the top you can also see the Arthveda and Kaveri river. Since the trekking is done during the night so you will experience extra benefits of favourable weather condition. here are two ways of visiting bilikal Rangaswamy Betta which is in Kanakapura Bangalore Mysore highway and second is directly from kanakpura road. If luck favours, you will be able to see elephants and other wild animals. A trek guide helps a lot in trekking uphill during night time. As a whole It is just incredible trek. more...