- Best Price Guarantee!
- Instant Confirmation!
- Verified Reviews
We can reduce the price by not adding any of the below.
We can customize outing to any date, if there are minimum 6 members in a group.
- Accommodation: 2 Nights in WAN village and 03 Nights in Camp
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. ;Trek equipments (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, Tent, Crampons, Utensils)
- All necessary permits and entry fees. First aid medical kits.
- Experience Trek Leader/Guide and Support staff, who are very well familiar with local conditions, routes and mythological stories which are related to this whole trek. Transportation from Kathgodam to Kathgodam.
Package cost does not includes : Any kind of personal expenses Mules or porter to carry personal luggage. If anyone not able to carry his luggage, charges are extra Rs. 400/ per bag/day.
In the whispering entanglement of dark forests and treacherous mountains, Roopkund glacial lake derives an epilogue of any trekker’s excursion book. Famously known as Mystery Lake, Roopkund Hill is situated between Mount Trishul and Mount Nandagiri at a height 15,700 ft. in Uttarakhand. The place is often adorned with rock strewn glaciers and snow clad mountains making it a romantic destination for any nature lover.
In this 45 kms trekking trip spread across 5 days, you will begin the journey at height 7,000 ft. from a guest house in Wan village. The troop will pass through oak and Rhododendron forest and reach Ali Bugyal to walk on the zig zag trail and steep ascent. During this on foot journey, you will be mesmerized by the spectacular view of peak like Mount Trishul, Mount Nandagunti, Nilkantha & Chandrashila. You can set a camp at Beni Bugyal, situated at an altitude of 11,600 ft., The place is famous for the sunset and sunrise view and the amazing Bedni Kund.
With an aim to reach Bhagwabasa (14,000 ft.), you must suit up for a difficult trail physically and mentally, as the snow trail starts after a certain height. Patar Nachuli and Kalu Vinayak temple are some famous place to visit in between. Set the camp in Bhagwabasa for evening and night stay.
The fourth day is to conquer the Rookund Lake amidst snowy sight and bumpy heartbeats. The surroundings of Roopkund Lake appears as an unimaginable heaven. You will start descending till Patar Nachuli where you can relax for the rest of the night. As you move down to Wan village, you can play a slideshow of last 3day memory while taking beautiful snaps of the Himalayan mountains covered in snow. At the end, you must spend some time with the local site in Wan village and collect a few souvenirs for your home.
Things to carry
- Carry ID proof for information.
- Back pack (60 ltr to 70ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps, frame, and back pack cover (line the bag with polythene).
- Waterproof Trekking shoes Mandatory high ankle with good grips, (Recommended Quechua).
- 2 synthetic /waterproof Track Pants (Do not bring shorts, tight jeans, Capris) T.shirts ; 3 full sleeve.
- 1 Fleece jacket will be a good idea; a woollen sweater would be an alternative.
- 1 Wind proof jacket, 1 Heavy jacket, Thermal Inners.
- 2 pairs cotton socks and 2 pairs woollen socks, 2 pair water proof hand gloves.
- Sun protection cream, Woollen monkey cap/balaclava that cover the ear.
- A woollen head scarf or muffler/ Sun Cap.
- Sun glasses Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected. Curved ones will cover your eyes well. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness. Sunglasses are mandatory for this trek.
- Head Torch with extra batteries, Power Bank to charge mobile, if you not spoil your trek.
- Water bottle one liter each.
- Lip Balm/ cold cream/Hand Sanitizer, Toilet kit/ toilet Paper / wipes.
- Quick dry Towel It should be light / thin, Walking Stick Mandatory (At least one).
- Gaiters advisable for Pre Monsoon Trek.
Personal Medical Kit Containing : Crocin 6 tablets/Avomine 4 tablets/Avil 25mg 4 tablets/Combiflam 5 tablets/Disprin 10 tablets/Norflox 10 tablets/Crepe bandage 3 to 5 meters/Band aid 10 strips/Digene 10 tablets/Gauze cloth 1 small role/Leukoplast 1 small roll/Cotton 1 small roll/ORS 5 packets/ Betadine or any antiseptic cream/ Volini or Moov or Relispray/Diamox 10 tablets (to be taken only if required and but not as preventive medicine/Any other medicine that you take as per Doctor prescription)
PEOPLE WHO WEAR SPECTACLES, SPECIAL INSTRACTIONS are : Try to use contact lenses. Photo chromatic glasses. If either of the above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
Day 01: Kathgodam to Arrival at WAN Village (Cover height 7000 ft)
After arrival on WAN village, our representative will meet you here and will assist for check in at Guest House/Lodge. Rest of the day at leisure at Village. Dinner & Overnight at Guest House/Lodge
Day 02: WAN to BEDNI BUGYAL via Ali BUGYAL. (Height to reach 11,600 ft approx, 4 hr and 13 K.M trek)
After early morning breakfast we start our trekking to BEDNI BUGYAL via Ali Bugyal. First half of the day for trekking. During the trekking we cross Oak and Rhododendron forest. We take some rest at Gariroli Patal, after feeling refresh to move for Ali Bugyal (Zig Zag trail and steep ascent). To reach the Ali Bugyals we find mesmerizing view of some of the famous mountains and peaks like Mt. Trishul, Mt. Nandagunti, Nilkantha Peak, Chandrashila Peak etc. Everyone forget their tiredness. On arrival Beni Bugyal which is 2km away from Ali Bugyal you find Bedni Kund which is very famous. We pitch camp in Bedni Bugyal & time for hot lunch and rest of the day for acclimatization.Sun rise and Sun set of Bedni Bugyal is very famous, so don’t miss it. Dinner & Overnight at Campsite.
Day 03: BEDNI BUGYAL to BHAGWABASA via PATAR NACHULI (Cover height 14,000 ft approx. 5 h and 10 K.M trek)
After early breakfast, Today we move for Bhagwabasa our next destination. From Bedni Bugyal to Patar Nachuli is a easiest trek of the whole journey. You can enjoy this trek with smiling face. When we cross the Patar Nachuli and move for Kalu Vinayak temple which is situated on the ridge. The route zigzag in the shape. Now the real test start here of your endurance, physical fitness and mental toughness. From here the snow trail has started and for the first time you face Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) due to air gets thinner, and the quantity of oxygen also decreases, this might lead to headache and acute stomach pain but don’t worry we take some rest here. Bhagwabasa is now 500 metres. away straight from here you can see it. On arrival Bhagwabasa, pitch camp in snow and taste hot lunch. After lunch we are practicing hiking with our additional gear (gaiters and crampons). Thereafter, we take our dinner as early as possible for early wake up (According to Team Leader).
DAY 04: BHAGWABASA to ROOPKUND LAKE and RETURN PATAR NACHULI (Cover height 16,470 ft approx. 8h and 12 KM trek)
Today is the busiest day. We wake up as early as possible to conquer the Roopkund. The trail is little difficult due to snow but we use our equipments which made easy it. When we reach Roopkund Lake your feeling is out of the world and you find some change in your personality (In April to June Lake is freeze so you can’t see Skeleton but in month of Aug to Nov you can see it easily). If possible, we can try for Junargali which is on the top of Roopkund Lake. Breakfast at Bhagwabasa. We pitch our camp in Patar Nachuli and taste hot lunch. Rest of the day for leisure. Dinner & Overnight stay in Patarnachuli camp
DAY 05: Patarnachuli to WAN (Cover height 7000 ft approx. 4 h and 10 KM trek)
After finishing our delicious breakfast we move to WAN. We are well versed with all routes of this trek so we take the most convenient and shortest route Shukrikhan via DelDung. This route add some more pictures for your camera/mobile which mesmerizing you again. The DelDung give you a pleasant view of Mt. Hathi and Badrinath Peak. Lunch at Shukrikhan. After reaching WAN, rest of the day at leisure and explore this beautiful village by yourself. Last night of our trek we make bonfire and share our experience with companion trekkers. Dinner and Overnight stay in GMVN/Lodge.
Day 06: Departure From Wan Village to Kathgodam.
After hot breakfast early departure from WAN Village with sweet memories of Roopkund Lake Trek.
By Air: Nearest Airport is Jolly Grant in Deharadun. From the outside of Airport you can pick private taxi or sharing jeep for Lohajung which near to WAN.
By Train: A. Garhwal Region nearest Railway Station Hridwar/ Rishikesh. Then you can catch direct bus for WAN which stand outside Rishikesh Bus Depot in GVMN bus stand near to Tehri bus stand.
B) Kaumaon Region nearest Railway station is Kathgodam. From outside the railway station you can pick share jeep for Lohajung which near to WAN.
ByBus: Rishikesh Bus Depot well connects with all Neighboring State of Uttarakhand. Then you can catch direct bus for WAN which stand outside Rishikesh Bus Depot in GVMN bus stand near to Tehri bus stand.
For Bookings made from Escape2Explore Website.
- Departure Day or Less Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure No refund.
- Anytime More Than 24 Hours Prior To Departure Full refund, 10% cancellation charges apply.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- If we cancel the event, we offer full refund to all the participants.
For Bookings made from Third Party Website.
- It is the reposibility of client to communicate with third party (booking website) for cancellation.
- Cancellation / Refund is done by third party based on their policies.
Roopkund is an amazing place which is quite popular among tourists as well as locals. Among all the various treks available on the site, I chose this one as I wanted to visit the place since quite some time. Itâ€™s a lovely trek and the route will give you all the thrills you expect it to. While on the trek, we were provided with a healthy meal. Along with this, there were professional guides who told us about the place in great detail. They showed us the right path throughout and helped us whenever we needed them. All in all, it was a great experience along with my friends who loved it as well. It is for sure that for all my outings henceforth, I will be using Escape2Explore to book. The choice of packages that are offered in this site is amazing. Moreover, even the prices are economical so there are completely no hassles. more...